Eligible applicants for NC IDEA ENGAGE would include:
- Individual entrepreneurs and/or their companies
- Non-profit or for-profit entrepreneur support organizations
- Capital providers such as seed stage funds and angel groups
- Service providers that support entrepreneurs
- Local governments, colleges, and universities
Eligible activities will promote entrepreneurship as the primary goal and may include, but are not limited to:
- Requests for event sponsorship
- Educational programming on a variety of topics focusing on entrepreneurship or community building
- Networking, mentoring, advising and match-making activities or events
- Organization or community-wide implementation of Ice House Entrepreneurship Program. *Applications will be accepted from trained facilitators only*
- Entrepreneurship competitions, Demo Days, Hackathons, Startup Weekends, etc.
- Events organized on a specific entrepreneurship theme or target demographic
- Entrepreneurial activities or programming in underserved areas, such as Tier 1 and Tier 2 counties.
NC IDEA ENGAGE does NOT fund the following:
- Business grants. Companies seeking funding for business operations should consider our MICRO and SEED grant programs
- Long-term engagements (we are delighted to help your program get off the ground, but due to limited budget, you cannot expect ongoing funding)
- Funding for equipment or overhead costs
- Sponsorship for events that have been ongoing for more than 3 years
Generally speaking, funding will range between $1K – $5K, with select activities being invited to propose larger programs requiring greater resources. Qualifying requests need to be submitted no less than 60 days prior to the proposed activity.