NC IDEA FOUNDATION, in support of the Governor’s Entrepreneurial Council (GEC) and coinciding with Global Entrepreneurship Week, is hosting the inaugural North Carolina Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Summit this November 18-19, with the ambition to catalyze entrepreneurship as an economic development strategy for the state of North Carolina.
The Ecosystem Summit will uniquely bring together the people and organizations who support, encourage and nourish North Carolina’s entrepreneurs to share what is working; address issues and concerns; meet and network with those doing similar work in other communities; and celebrate and promote entrepreneurs and their successes across the state. Over the 1.5 days, attendees will hear from experts, leaders and the entrepreneurs themselves through keynote talks and breakout sessions weaved together in a storytelling format on topics involving policy, data, rural entrepreneurship, inclusive entrepreneurship and more. The Summit will encompass all sectors of entrepreneurial activity in the state, including textiles, agriculture, food and beverage, consumer products, technology and biotech.
Who Should Attend?
This is the only statewide conference of its kind that brings together the people and organizations who support entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurial Support Organizations
- Economic Development Organizations
- University and Community College Entrepreneur Programs
- SBTDCs, SBCs and CDFIs
- State and Local Government Officials
- Entrepreneurs may participate and interact with other attendees to help us best understand their needs; however, the content is not directed toward entrepreneurs as with other startup-focused conferences.
- Connect with practitioners from around the state who help entrepreneurs and lead programming that supports economic development
- Gain information and best practices, particularly for those who are just beginning to incorporate startups as an economic development tool in their locale
- Share successes and solutions
- Share problems and issues
- Become more informed of the statewide entrepreneurial community and the current state of entrepreneurial development climate in North Carolina
- Learn more about those regions of the state that are outside the traditional entrepreneurial hubs like Research Triangle
- Celebrate and showcase our State’s successes to date
How to Get Involved?
- Early Bird Registration will open on Tuesday, September 3rd. Check back in early September to register!
- Stay tuned in the coming weeks for speaker announcements and agenda updates. Signup to receive up-to-date event announcements.
- Have ideas for speakers or topics? We want to hear what topics are important and of interest to our community. Submit your ideas for the planning committee to consider as we are finalizing the agenda.
- Interested in sponsorship opportunities? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We look forward to seeing you in November!