NC IDEA is an independent private (nonprofit) foundation that offers grants and programs to serve primarily two groups: individuals (founders) attempting to start and scale companies of high economic potential (defined by job creation and tax revenues,) and organizations that help individuals start and scale companies of high economic potential. Our team is collaborative, open and driven to serve the North Carolina entrepreneurial community. Detailed information about our activities can be found at www.ncidea.org.
Over the years, our efforts have helped start and grow over 530 companies around the state of North Carolina. Those companies have created over 3,700 jobs, raised over $465M in additional funding and generated significant tax revenues for the state. Dozens of our funded companies have been subsequently acquired, generating wealth for founders and early employees, while creating considerable investment returns for private equity funds. Hundreds more continue to create great jobs while strengthening the communities where they reside and operate.
NC IDEA is currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our team.
NC IDEA needs a smart, organized, helpful, enthusiastic problem solver to join our team as Marketing Coordinator to support the day-to-day coordination of marketing activities and operations to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The best person for the job is someone who can stay one step ahead of what is needed next.
- Coordinate content development and message amplification for website, social media channels, newsletter and other email campaigns
- Ensure consistent, regular activity and engagement on all social media channels; including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Maintain and update website content
- Compile monthly marketing analytics reports
- Maintain media/press contacts and email subscriber lists
- Maintain library of marketing materials; including logos, images, videos, presentations and templates
- Ensure marketing compliance and consistency with regard to NC IDEA branding
- General Office Support including; managing general NC IDEA phone and email accounts; and monitoring and maintaining promotional inventory and other supplies
- Plus, other duties as assigned
- Highly organized and efficient, with one to three years of professional work experience
- Self-starter and ability to anticipate what’s next
- Ability to develop effective, repeatable processes to drive efficiency and productivity
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with good customer service skills
- Proficiency in basic computer applications including; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) and MailChimp and/or other e-marketing platforms
- Preferred familiarity with WordPress (Elementor, Yoast), SEO, Google Analytics, Canva, Salesforce and Trello
- Interest in entrepreneurship and the startup ecosystem
- Intellectual curiosity about evolving entrepreneurial support best practices
- Authentic belief in the value of building economically equitable communities
- Authentic shared values in our audacious goals to economically empower people of North Carolina through entrepreneurship
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits and will require attending occasional evening events (4-6 times/year). This hire will ideally reside in the Triangle N.C. area (to allow for three days/week in-office work), but we will consider applicants residing in other areas of N.C. as long as the individual can work in-office on designated days.
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter and resume here by August 19, 2022 for full consideration.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
NC IDEA FOUNDATION is an equal opportunity employer. NC IDEA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristics protected by federal law or local ordinance.