Semi-Finalists Seeking $50,000 Each in NC IDEA’s 35th SEED Grant Cycle
DURHAM, NC – March 27, 2023 – NC IDEA, a private foundation committed to supporting entrepreneurial ambition and economic empowerment in North Carolina, announced today that the organization has selected 24 semi-finalists from across the state in its 35th SEED grant cycle.
“This cycle reflected a competitive field of diverse applicants across geography, industry, and founder demographics,” said Thom Ruhe, President and CEO of NC IDEA. “Even into the 17-year history of the program, it never gets easier to narrow down the field of competitive contenders. We look forward to learning more about the group that is moving forward to the next phase,” Ruhe added.
The 24 Spring 2023 NC IDEA SEED Semi-Finalists include:
- 828 Labs LLC – Candler, NC
- Barespend – Charlotte, NC
- BCombs, LLC – Cary, NC
- Blaze On Creations – Asheville, NC
- Blue Pencil Box – Raleigh, NC
- Boreas Monitoring – Wrightsville Beach, NC
- CINCH CCM, Inc. – Cary, NC
- dataq.io – Cary, NC
- DEI Directive – Charlotte, NC
- Divergene – Morrisville, NC
- Edison Marks – Weaverville, NC
- FashCon – Lake Junaluska, NC
- Flexie Inc. – Charlotte, NC
- GG Equine – Durham, NC
- Home For Life Design – Salisbury, NC
- Mentorforce – Chapel Hill, NC
- More Hair Organics LLC – Roseville, NC
- Nanode Battery Technologies – Raleigh, NC
- Pearlita Foods – Raleigh, NC
- Salem Cyber – Winston-Salem, NC
- Salus LLC – Charlotte, NC
- TerraLoam – Charlotte, NC
- Tromml – Chapel Hill, NC
- Vetletics Inc. – Cary, NC
NC IDEA has invited the semi-finalists to submit a full proposal with greater details by early April. Finalists will then be selected to present before a review panel comprised of experienced investors, industry experts, and entrepreneurs. Grant recipients will be announced in mid-May. The $50,000 grants are intended to support business activities that validate target markets, reduce the risk associated with early stage companies, and help companies reach the point of suitability for growth through investment or revenue.
About NC IDEA FOUNDATION
NC IDEA is an independent private foundation committed to empowering North Carolinians to achieve their entrepreneurial potential. Through our powerful combination of competitive grants and programs, and a network of strategic partners, we help entrepreneurs when they need it most. NC IDEA’s resources are highly competitive, enabling the foundation to support North Carolina’s most ambitious entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurs transform communities and view our work as a catalyst for positive change. Learn more at www.ncidea.org.